There are a few dinners I have come across and make regularly–some I have been for awhile, some are more new recipes to me–that are just SO GOOD I feel like I need to share them (not that posting them here is really sharing at this point, ha).
So my first share is definitely one of the best things ever.
Macaroni and Cheese with Barbecued Tofu
So I first came across the recipe as this: http://ohmyveggies.com/smoked-cheddar-mac-cheese-with-baked-bbq-tofu/
But here is how I make it:
- Make BBQ sauce (here’s the recipe I use, plus I add a spoonful of blackstrap molasses): http://fabtasticeats.com/2012/04/12/the-best-homemade-bbq-sauce-ever/
- Meanwhile, press your tofu
- Cook 1 lb. of macaroni
- Mix tofu with 1/2 c. bbq sauce, stick in oven at 400 for 10 minutes. Then stir it. Then leave it in another 10 minutes.
- Make cheese sauce: make a roux with 1/4 c. butter and flour, then add 2 c. milk and some salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Heat until thickened, then add however much cheddar shredding 1/2 lb.(+) makes.
- Mix macaroni and cheese together, then mix another 1/2 c. bbq with the baked tofu, then put some on top of your bowl of macaroni.