Really? That’s so close to halfway done, I can’t fathom it. We’ll go with a new format today:
- Energy good
- Occasional icky/gagginess hanging around still (puked the other morning, surely that’s the last time!) but I think on the out for good now.
- Have been having sciatic pain and the jury is still out on whether or not yoga and/or birth ball exercises are helping with that.
- Starting to have hip pain too so need to figure out the pillow sleeping situation (man our nice mattress helps SO much).
- Kicks have gotten stronger, and the coolest thing is that sometimes I can feel them in the front, and with B I never felt any movement in the front.
- Starting to get Braxton Hicks contractions, better get used to that!
- Starting to have some anxiety issues again (mostly on the days he/she doesn’t move much), need to talk about that with the CNM.
Tomorrow finally is my next appointment, it’s been 5 weeks, sheesh! And at that I’ll schedule my anatomy scan which still won’t be for like 2 weeks probably. I’m getting so anxious to see my baby again and find out who’s in there! With B I had that scan at 17 weeks 3 days so it’s unbelievable for me to think that I’m past that point right now. This still feels very surreal.
Oh, and the other day (this past Tuesday, I think), I tried the doppler again for the first time in two weeks and it worked! First time I’ve heard this baby’s heartbeat! I found my own heartbeat, then after a few seconds found what was clearly not my heartbeat. They moved away after a second, then took a few seconds to find them again. The display was jumping all over, but heartrate seemed to be 147-149 (normal is 120-160, so perfect!). :D I found it that night for my husband to hear too, it took a bit longer to find them that time.
At 17 weeks baby was 5″ long and about 5oz.– turnip sized! That’s when we started calling B “Turnip.” :) Also bones are starting to harden, they can move joints, and sweat glands are starting to develop.
At 18 weeks baby is about 5 1/2″ long and 7oz., about the size of a bell pepper (must be a huge bell pepper to be 5 1/2″ long…). Nerves are beginning to become coated with myelin, and if baby is a girl her uterus and fallopian tubes are in place.
And before I am off, you should watch this video. It’s of a nurse giving a baby a bath, a friend shared it awhile ago but it was too early for me to be able to watch something like that. I watched it the other day while cleaning out my links, and woah teariness seeing how fascinated he is at the new world he’s in and how relaxing being in warm water is since that’s what he’s been in for most of his life so far. I just can’t wait for this baby to get here, I miss little babies so much and it’s just so amazing to know that there’s one of those in there right now.
The thing with only posting every 2 weeks about this sort of stuff means the posts end up long! Oh well.